Meet the Foxy Chix
Foxy Chix is a daily drama series that follows the lives of three teenage girls – best friends Noni, Jazz and Sbosh. Through each one-minute episode we follow their journey of coming of age in the context of social, cultural and individual factors that continue to make our young people – particularly young women – vulnerable to infection with HIV. Listen to Foxy Chix now, click here.
- Age: 16
- Sporty, reserved, a virgin
- Loves: singing, writing/journalling, sports, Facebook, Twitter and her smartphone
- Social map: High achiever at school, wise, knowledgeable, trustworthy
- Favourite person: her gogo in Mpumalanga
Played by: KEITUMETSE KASONKOLA, AGE 23
Keitu is a vibrant 23-year-old student at Wits University, majoring in Psychology and Dramatic Arts. She was born in Klerksdorp, raised in Mafikeng, and now lives in Pretoria with her family. She is passionate about the arts and people - especially young people.
- Age: 16
- Voluptuous & P.H.A.T (Pretty, hot & tempting), sexually experienced
- Loves: dancing, Mr Mazibuko (her school teacher)
- Failing at school, likes to party & drink alcohol, takes risks
- Favourite person: her half-sister in KZN
Played by TSHEGOFATSO MANCHE, AGE 22
Twenty-two-year-old Tshegofatso Manche is a small-town girl from Klerksdorp in the North West. She is currently completing her third year BA Marketing and dreams of one day opening her own boutique or venturing into property. She is generally a happy person whose pet hate is dishonesty and describes herself as a self-driven person who thrives on a challenge.
- Aged 17
- Curvaceous and attractive, dating guys, takes risks
- Loves: fashion designing, being first to know, living the high life
- Social map: Street-smart, extroverted and ambitious
- Favourite person: any man who can help her get ahead
Played by NIKIWE NYEMBE, Age 20
Nikiwe was born in Pimville, Soweto. Currently at UJ studying Public Relations and Communications, this young lady describes herself as opinionated about everything and anything. She loves South African hip hop, is always on the move and hates sitting around doing nothing.